HOME | NEWS | BAND | MUSIC | LIVE | FORUMS | MULTIMEDIA | SHOP | COMMUNITY | CONTACT US
Member Authentication
Forgot your password?
Become a member

New Order Related
Digital Republic
Ceremony
Music for pleasure
Weekly Song Reviews

International Forums
República Digital (Português)
République Numérique
Digitale Republik
Digitalrepubliken
República Digital (Español)
デジタル共和国
Digitalna Republika
Ψηφιακή Δημοκρατία

Off-Topic Forums
Behind Closed Doors
Buy/Trade/Sell
State of the Nation

Special Forums
World In Motion
Community

NewOrderOnline Related
NewOrderOnline Technical Chat
Customer Service

Subscriptions
Manage

TheFungpod
Gordon Nicholson
Birgitha Montgomery
Colin Morris

New New Order Song!
New Order Seek to Balance Writing and the Road
New Order announces U.S. tour in July leading up to Lollapalooza appearance
Technical Issues
New Order to highlight Osheaga Festival
New Order 2013 Tour
New Order to Tour North America for the First Time in Seven Years
Doctor Hooky
The First Time I Heard Joy Division / New Order
New Order Video Interview
Peter Saville/Unknown Pleasures: donation to Fundraising Auction
New Order World Tour (Updated with US/CAN dates)
Working on a refresh
New Order's "Elegia" for Ian Curtis Is Now on Vinyl
New Order to Play Olympics Closing Ceremony
Guardian's review of New order's gig

NewOrderOnline.com is supported by its members. Donations are always welcomed and appreciated.

Send a donation...

Home » Forums » Digital Republic » Peter Hook: New Order to release 7 songs from ‘Waiting for the Sirens’ Call’ sessions
Peter Hook: New Order to release 7 songs from ‘Waiting for the Sirens’ Call’ sessions
Thread Starter: Slicing Up Eyeballs
Started: 30/08/2011 7:16:02 AM - 7:16:02 AM
Replies: 153
Add Reply  
Author Re: Peter Hook: New Order to release 7 songs from ‘Waiting for the Sirens’ Call’ sessions
Slicing Up Eyeballs  
Candidate

30/08/2011 7:16:02 AM - 7:16:02 AM
Got a chance to interview Hooky yesterday. I'm not posting the full thing until next week when we get a bit closer to the U.S. tour (which is much of what the interview is about), but we did talk about some New Order stuff, including the Waiting for the Sirens' Call outtakes.

Here's what he had to say:

Peter Hook: New Order to release 7 songs from 'Waiting for the Sirens' Call' sessions

Author Re: Peter Hook: New Order to release 7 songs from ‘Waiting for the Sirens’ Call’ sessions
Hélène's friend  
Salvation Member

I work hard just to keep you by my side Every day and almost every night (dedicated to S.) Yes

30/08/2011 7:27:03 AM - 7:27:03 AM

Idle C**t  
Skullcrusher

30/08/2011 7:39:32 AM - 7:39:32 AM
Blimey. Good news.

Adam Tate  
Member of the Brotherhood

30/08/2011 8:00:25 AM - 8:00:25 AM
Interesting - in some ways I would prefer them to be packaged as part of a 2 Disc Deluxe version of WFTSC. At least then we might get a new remaster (and hopefully improved) version of the the original album.

Not sure about Hooky's idea of slinging them together with the Control tracks (the two sets of tracks are not related in any way after all).

Major T  
Weirdo

Here we go again

30/08/2011 8:22:32 AM - 8:22:32 AM
Release it as an EP with lovely new artwork and call it 'End' or something

NotAMod  
Weirdo

"Both Together Or Not At All"

30/08/2011 8:30:04 AM - 8:30:04 AM
Some proper news at long last. Brilliant.

I really hope they go for the WFTSC Deluxe Edition idea. Disc 1 being the original album properly remastered along the lines of Total so it's not brickwalled and sonically dead like the 2005 CD. Disc 2 containing Hellbent, the rest of the outtakes plus the full length versions of the Control soundtrack instrumentals as Hooky mentions.

It would be a fantastic full stop for the band and the fans would at long last get a quality product from the record label. We're due one after the past few years.

"The two works are 'Unknown Pleasures' and 'Closer' and that's it. Everything else is merchandising. Merchandising of memory." - Peter Saville (Joy Division, 2007)

Genetic  
Member with Technique

Play It Mad DJ.....

30/08/2011 8:35:15 AM - 8:35:15 AM
Excellent news. Cant wait to start reading every dismal fucker on here saying "These new songs are shit, WFTSC is shit, New Order are shit, what a shit rip-off, wouldnt have happened in Ians day" etc etc until my PC explodes.

Republic Is Better Than Your Favourite New Order Album.

Genetic  
Member with Technique

Play It Mad DJ.....

30/08/2011 8:35:26 AM - 8:35:26 AM
Excellent news. Cant wait to start reading every dismal fucker on here saying "These new songs are shit, WFTSC is shit, New Order are shit, what a shit rip-off, wouldnt have happened in Ians day" etc etc until my PC explodes.

Republic Is Better Than Your Favourite New Order Album.

El Jarvo  
Viking

Phat Boys

30/08/2011 8:38:36 AM - 8:38:36 AM
 Gene wrote:

This is funny

Hope they're all as good as, um, Hellbent. Yes

Hélène's friend  
Salvation Member

I work hard just to keep you by my side Every day and almost every night (dedicated to S.) Yes

30/08/2011 8:39:16 AM - 8:39:16 AM
 Adam Tate wrote:

Not sure about Hooky's idea of slinging them together with the Control tracks (the two sets of tracks are not related in any way after all).

It would be a bonus disc, I don't care if the tracks are related or not.

e'sc

Belle And Sebastian's new forum

NO Regret  
Dead Soul

"I turn sideways to the sun"

30/08/2011 8:59:45 AM - 8:59:45 AM
great news. you get the impression though that if Hooky wanted the album called "Black", the rest of New Order would want it called "White".

I wouldnt mind either way its released. WFTSC is the only NO album I didnt buy.

"I dont feel anything no more"

Jed Stephens  
Dead Soul

30/08/2011 9:19:26 AM - 9:19:26 AM
 Major T wrote:

or it could be called "Now f*ck off!"

I think we'll be waiting a while, but I'm happy it's going to get out.

fdisk  
Salvation Member

Republic?

30/08/2011 9:47:43 AM - 9:47:43 AM
If it's released as a separate album that's another for Hooky to tour around 2020 or something.

Debaser  
Member of the Brotherhood

ask me no questions i'll tell you no lies

30/08/2011 10:36:09 AM - 10:36:09 AM
WOO HOOOOO!! jump
I've moaned before that this was being ignored. Finally it...isn't.
Great to have some real news on Digital Republic rather than just "What's your fave NO song to pick your nose to".

Just one thing I dont understand in Hooky's comments. He says "I’m asking for a standalone (release). They’re suggesting we repackage Waiting for the Sirens’ Call. I keep telling them it will do them no good, because once once person has it, it will be up on the Internet and nobody will have to buy it anyway.”

No matter how its released it can be put on the internet. Is Hooky suggesting that if it's released as a standalone with new artwork we're more likely to buy the physical product? Or am I missing something more obvious?

I'm thinking Sirens could always be re-released with different artwork (the orange and white "NO" front image wasn't the original intended artwork I believe- the Asian tsunami had an influence there if I recall correctly). And the bonus disk could still have everything Hooky suggests.

schwenko  
Candidate

30/08/2011 3:26:48 PM - 3:26:48 PM
 El Jarvo wrote:
 Gene wrote:

This is funny

Hope they're all as good as, um, Hellbent. Yes
This is funny This is funny This is funny This is funny This is funny

Snorrimon  
Low-Life

I want to see my garden gnome, My wife and child waiting at home...

30/08/2011 3:51:58 PM - 3:51:58 PM
 Major T wrote:

Or 'more'... As in 'NO more'...

Snorri
xxx

More Reggae... Yes

NotAMod  
Weirdo

"Both Together Or Not At All"

30/08/2011 4:12:20 PM - 4:12:20 PM
Shall we open bets on how Rhino will completely and utterly fuck this release up?

My money's on they'll press the first 500 copies with Joy Division's Still or something rather than the outtakes or they'll have audio in the left stereo channel only. Finally, the album will catch fire and burn your house down while you're out at the supermarket.

Seriously, after the 2008 reissues they're lucky we buy anything from them at all. In order for this to be a success they will need at least one member of the band overseeing the process full time (probably Steve) like Total so let's hope that happens.

I have a very, very bad feeling they'll try and do something perverse like vinyl only with 128kbps MP3 files offered alongside. CD please Warners, if you're reading.

"The two works are 'Unknown Pleasures' and 'Closer' and that's it. Everything else is merchandising. Merchandising of memory." - Peter Saville (Joy Division, 2007)

|| | ||| 6217|| 8 || 3  
Weirdo

...From Timbuktu to old Berlin...

30/08/2011 11:25:28 PM - 11:25:28 PM
I'm very excited!!! Hey, a new album after all!!

But 7 tracks? It's too much for an "EP" and too little for an album. However, let's see.

1. DELUXE EDITION.
I wouldn't feel like buying a 2xCD version of WFTSC, where CD1 is exactly the same as my WFTSC CD. Now, if they'll tweak the original album somehow, it's a different story. I'm talking about throwing out tracks like Working Overtime, maybe include a remix of Jetstream instead of the original version. Rearrange the track order, maybe mix the outtakes and album tracks between the two CDs. Just come up with some creativity in regards to the original. Basically how it was done with One True Passion, v.2.

2. STANDALONE EDITION.
I love the Control tracks, BUT they are too short and too experimental in comparison to the sound of Hellbent. So I don't see how it will work, unless, the outtakes have a similar sonic approach (but again Hellbent is very straightforward). Maybe they could include the 2001-2002 B-sides, or alternative versions of the WFTSC tracks?

I wonder what the cover art would be like. I liked the WFTSC & Total covers, although they were not that unique, but at least it was the right direction. In contrast, Get Ready had an appalling Smiths-like cover.

BTW, I agree with Hook's sentiments over these tracks. The band is no more, yet we have these tracks hanging there and getting old for no purpose. It may be a proper way to close the chapter.

More dub Yes

leather_girl  
Skullcrusher

I'm gonna feel the fever ; music that takes my mind will give me power

30/08/2011 11:40:18 PM - 11:40:18 PM
Ideally, I wouldn't mind buying it if it were a remastered edition of WFTSC with the unreleased tracks as a bonus disc---or at least, only those 7 tracks as an EP/album (not with the songs from the Control soundtrack though). If the mastering is done properly, and if people find it worthy enough to buy, I'm sure the fans who want to buy it would buy it.

Hooky said this
They’re suggesting we repackage Waiting for the Sirens’ Call. I keep telling them it will do them no good, because once once person has it, it will be up on the Internet and nobody will have to buy it anyway.
but I disagree with him. The fans would be interested (at least some fans) if they think it's a good product. But if it was a bad remastering job (like the other bonus disc+ remasters) or if it were another 'best-of' collection, then maybe not.

http://twitter.com/Karina1003

patrik forssell  
Member of the Republic

Bless New Order

30/08/2011 11:52:18 PM - 11:52:18 PM
..please call it something positive for example "YES"...

leather_girl  
Skullcrusher

I'm gonna feel the fever ; music that takes my mind will give me power

31/08/2011 12:17:44 AM - 12:17:44 AM
 patrik forssell wrote:
..please call it something positive for example "YES"...

Didn't PSB have an album called 'Yes' in 2009?
(Off topic but just thought that for a second.)

http://twitter.com/Karina1003

patrik forssell  
Member of the Republic

Bless New Order

31/08/2011 12:20:52 AM - 12:20:52 AM
ooops yes they did..they have to find something else then.

|| | ||| 6217|| 8 || 3  
Weirdo

...From Timbuktu to old Berlin...

31/08/2011 1:02:11 AM - 1:02:11 AM
Call it OUT or EXIT, OPERATION, something minimal.

The most apposite title would be STILL, only it was used wink

Maybe MILLENIUM PEOPLE? smile

More dub Yes

SHED  
Salvation Member

Got Soul But I'm Not A Soldier

31/08/2011 1:48:32 AM - 1:48:32 AM
FACTORY-TO i LETEureka! Laughing Out Loud

Rocket Mick  
Weirdo

DIGGY -is that Olympic Breakfast at Little Chef?

31/08/2011 1:51:48 AM - 1:51:48 AM
Glad that they will be released.
WHEN WILL I SEE YOU AGAIN?hat

Add Reply
  Page 1 of 7 (155 items) 1 2 3 4 5 > ... Last »